These eight books will help you be a better leader in your company.
- Your bookshelf is an essential part of building your business. You can find valuable insights in small business leadership books that will help you grow your startup.
- You should look for books on leadership that focus on how improving your self-esteem can improve your business. Lean in and 7 Habits for Highly Effective People are two books that have had a profound influence on great leaders.
- Books on small business leadership can provide guidance on how to apply the Fortune 500 principles to any company size. This theme is covered in Anything you Want, and The EMyth Revisited.
It is not easy or glamorous to be a leader. It is not easy to be a leader in the workplace. A highly respected title can bring with it higher expectations, which can prove daunting for new leaders.
Leaders need guidance and support along the way. This includes our business.com members. They don’t need to go far beyond their bookshelves. These are eight books that leaders must read.
- 1. Start with Why: How great leaders inspire everyone to take action
Have you ever wondered why certain businesses succeed while others fail? The book Start with Why (Penguin Group 2009) encourages managers and business owners to be true to their leadership goals. Simon Sinek, author, motivational speaker, and marketing consultant, studied the lives of influential leaders from Martin Luther King Jr. through to Steve Jobs and discovered one thing: purpose click here. Sinek encourages readers to keep their eyes on the most important things in life and to remember why they started businesses.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: A Powerful Guide to Personal Change
Stephen R. Covey, a businessman and author, recognizes the many challenges leaders face today. He also acknowledges the human flaws. He shares his personal experiences to create principles that will help leaders be more adaptable and effective, and to take advantage of opportunities to grow their careers. Through honest stories and discipline lessons, The 7 Habits for Highly Effective People (Free Press 1989) empowers leaders.
- Lean in: Women, Work and the Will to Lead
Lean In (Alfred A. Knopf 2013) was written specifically by Sheryl Sandberg, the COO at Facebook. Women can find the business world intimidating, especially if they work in fields where most of the leaders are male. Sandberg discusses in this book the reasons why her female colleagues are not making progress as leaders. She offers inspiring and empowering ways to increase the number of women in leadership roles.